Mailing lists allow you to manage electronic mail discussions and announcement lists. We use the powerful GNU Mailman software to handle mailing lists. Mailman is integrated with the web, making it easy for users to manage their accounts and for list owners to administer their lists. It makes managing lists containing thousands of names very easy. The following is provided standard with our mailing list package:
- Recipients can subscribe and unsubscribe themselves, either by visiting a Web page or by sending an e-mail message to a special address.
- Messages can be archived so they can be viewed later on the Web.
- Group discussion lists can be “moderated”, allowing you to review and approve each message. This gives you the opportunity to reject SPAM and other inappropriate content before your subscribers see it.
- User-initiated subscriptions are automatically confirmed by the Mailman software (this process is sometimes called “double opt-in”), protecting you against false SPAM accusations.
- Lists can be configured as two-way discussion, moderated discussion, or one-way announcement.
- Much of the routine work involved in running a mailing list (such as unsubscribing invalid addresses) is automatically handled for you.
Please see The Mailman Site for complete documentation on this product. Includes up to 30,000 messages delivered per month and 50 megabytes of archival space. Mailing Lists start at $20 a month with a one-time $25 setup fee.